Friday, December 31, 2010

In Loving Memory of Mom

Today is the 1st anniversary of my mother's passing. She has and always will be greatly missed, but I have some wonderful memories to keep me going.
Mom and Dad (2008)
Elizabeth Ann Prather
June 4, 1936 - Jan. 1, 2010
When going thru some of mom's things when preparing for her memorial, I found this prayer among some of her things and meant to read it at the memorial, but decided on some other things instead, but would like to share it now. I thought it was fitting since she passed on Jan. 1st.
A New Year's Prayer for Peace
Dear Lord,
Let this be a year
that moves us
one step closer
to each other.
Let this be a year
that brings us
understanding in our hearts.
Let this be a year
that fills us
with a yearning
burning feeling
for peace with one another
and a oneness, Lord, with You!
© 1996 by Guideposts, Carmel, NY 10512
God Bless Everyone and May You All Have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment