Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Maymont Flower & Garden Show

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but I was having trouble with uploading my pixs on blogger. Finally had to do them 1 or 2 at a time.
On Sat., Feb. 20th, Harold and I took my friend Bobbie to the Maymont Flower Show in Richmond at the Greater Richmond Convention Ctr. It was small, but very nice. As you know I love flowers and taking pictures of them, so I did that while she and Harold looked around. My knees were giving me some trouble that day, so I sat as often as I could. Here are a few of the pictures I took.
The fancy backyard set ups were beautiful.
(that is Bobbie behind the candles taking a pix of the outdoor kitchen)
And here is that kitchen area....isn't it amazing.

A giant earthworm, with a red hat even - LOL!

Crocus and a mini lily - love the deep rich purple colors.
Who wouldn't love to have a little tree house like this to play in?

And for the guys - a train zipping thru the garden - How cool is that!

Welcome to the Shire.

We had never seen this little flower bush before and thought it was beautiful...I want one.
It is called Daphne Odora (Winter Daphne).

Tulips everywhere!
Wouldn't a whole field of daffodils with the sun shining down on them be absolutely gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment