Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Scarlet Sophisticates Celebrate Christmas in January

Well, it had not been our intent to celebrate Christmas in January, but due to a snow storm, we had to postpone it from the original date in December. Even though the man in the red suit could not join us this time as he had already started his vacation and was unavailable, we did everything we originally planned in December. We had door prizes, an ornament exchange, hat contest, singing and yet another December "REDuation"!

I got to wear my new red dress and my purple hat since December was my birthday month. However, I forgot to have someone take a picture of me with my camera. I think someone did take my pic with theirs, so I will have to find out who and get a copy.

These are the Hat Contest contestants. Pat won most beautiful and after we got her up there the lady sitting in the very front of the picture won for most Christmasy! Can't remember the other categories or who won them.

The Scarlet Singers sang some Red Hat Christmas songs.

Everyone was decked out in their finery, some more so than others, but all beautiful.

Sibbie and Pat


Fran & Doris

Ann & Barbara

Ann , Mary Anne, Myra

Not sure who this is or what she won the beautiful ornament for.

The Reduation (when the member who was originally a "Pink Hatter" (under 50), turns 50 and earns the right to now wear the official colors of Red and Purple.

Taking the Red Hat Oath!

We had some little visitors and let them try on some hats.
(Per dad, their grandma is also a red hatter)
We, of course, had to get dad in on the hat wearing.
Well, as you can see we had a wonderful time as usual. Can't wait for this December!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you guys really go all out! Some of those ladies look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete