Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Christmas Day with Friends

This Christmas was our first without the boys and I wasn't sure how I would handle that, but with the help of friends, I made it through. George is in Ft. Riley, KS with his new wife, Mandy and step-daughter, Carma. Jacob is in Iraq.
Our Christmas Tree.
Li'l Bits favorite place under the tree
Tigger and Li'l Bit would vie for who got to sit on top of the soft pile in
the rocker next to the tree. Tigger won this time.
We usually have several of my girlfriends over for Christmas dinner and this year we had a few extras. Margarethe invited her friend, Andy from work (when she was at Dahlgren), also Mary and Melodye and her son Chad came as in years past. I also invited one of my Red Hat friends, Bobbie and her daughter, Judy. Bobbie had lost her husband, unexpectedly, in July and I knew this was going to be a hard time for her, so I asked her come spend it with us and I am so glad that she did. It was nice to have a full table.
L to R: Harold, Andy, Mary, Margarethe, Melodye, Chad, Bobbie, Judy
These are the delicious desserts that Bobbie made for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment