Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Celebrating my Birthday and Mom's New Life with God

Well, Harold flew in on the 31st (my B'day) and we did go out to dinner on my birthday with Harold's brother, David, his wife, Linda, and their daughter, Lindsey. My sister, Melanie and her DH, Jimmy also were able to join us. We ate at Posada's, one of my favorite Mexican food restaurants. I forgot to take my camera and get any pictures.

The evening after mom's funeral service (Jan. 4th), my sister and her family all decided to go out to eat and celebrate mom's new life with God. We decided to try the new Hibashi Japanese Steak House. Normally, when home we go to Sakura's Japanese Steak House for my birthday dinner, so we rolled it all into one.

Melanie, Ronnie and Tiffany started the night out with a Japanese Boiler Maker (they just had to try it. They received a half filled mug of beer and a little shot glass with Saki in it...the waiter had them put their chop sticks across the top of their mugs and place the shot glass on them and then we counted down and hit the table and the chopsticks rolled and the shot glasses fell in and they chugged them down. They decided ONE was enough - LOL! I didn't get a picture with my camera as Melanie was having me take one with hers...need to get those from her. I stuck to my plum wine Anyway, we had a great time and it was nice to relax after everything.


1st came the fried rice


Then the veggies - Love the volcano!

Then the meats - Yum!

At the end after cleaning off the grill, the cook did a little drumming and juggling act for us.

He was very good and fast!
While eating we heard them going around with this drum and singing "Happy Birthday" to people and Tiffany decided she just had to have them come over, so she told them we were celebrating my birthday, so I got a bowl of ice cream (not very good - they passed it around and only Tiffany and Jennifer cared for it, so they ate it).

I told the guy in the tie that we were also celebrating our mom's new life as she had passed away and the funeral had been earlier that day, so he came back and decided to give me a complementary glass of Saki. Sorry, but that is the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted. Luckily, Ronnie likes it, so he finished it off for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment