Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Visitation with George

We had a wonderful time visiting George and hated having to say "Goodbye!" today.

We arrived in KS City on Thurs. night and went on Friday to see him. We have special visitation for 4 days, 8hrs. each day instead of just 4hrs. since we are from out-of-state. We saw him for the first time since Oct. 2013 on Friday. It was wonderful, location not good, but it was just good to be able to finally see him and give him a hug.

Saturday we went a little later so that he could sleep in and then had problems getting in because the alarm kept going off on metal detector when I went thru it. I was wearing the same slacks as Fri., a shirt that was exactly the same, just a different color. Only change was my bra, wore one that had 5 hooks vs 3. OMG! Are you kidding me! Plus, they have a wand and when we asked if they could wand me, the lady said they didn't have one (we saw it later) and was then advised they could only use it if alarm went off for medical reason (hip/knee replacement or something like that). Seriously, just plain stupid. We had to drive all the way back to hotel for me to change my bra. by the time we got in it was 1pm and visitation ends at 4:30pm. Wasted a lot of time on that. Getting a sports bra for the next time we come.

Sunday, no issues. Frida came in Sat. night and joined us for today and tomorrow. We played some cards. They have a little mini snack/food booth till 2:30 or so each day. Food was pretty good and prices reasonable. Per George, food better there than what they get in cafeteria.

Monday, our last day to visit. Frida joined us again, but she left around 2pm to head back to TX as she had to work Tues. We aren't heading out for TX until Tues., so we stayed until the end of visitation, 4:30pm. It was so hard to say goodbye. I didn't want to leave him and, of course, I had a mini-breakdown, but I was able to keep it fairly under control until after we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment