Sunday, April 12, 2015

04-12-15 Visiting My Cousin Donna and Family

Haven't seen Donna since July 2010. We were very close growing up. She, Debbie (her sister, Aunt Julia's dtrs.) and I spent many summers together, as well as my cousins Oneita and Juanita (Uncle Shelby's dtrs.). We all got into our fair share of trouble when together, but had a lot of fun. Miss seeing them all. I can keep in touch with Oneita and Juanita on FB, but Donna doesn't do FB, don't think she even has internet.

On the way to see Donna in Crowley/Ebenezer, I stopped at the old cemetery, behind Ebenezer Baptist Church and visited the gravesites of my maternal ancestors and my maternal grandparents and mom's sister. Got to spend most of Sunday with Donna and her hubby, Wally. Also got to see their dtr., Janelle and her son, Eli and Donna's granddtr.Aubrey (Jessica's dtr.). Donna & Wally now live in the house that Uncle Richard had built and he and Aunt Julia lived.



 Ebenezer Baptist Church
This is the church my parents were married in.
 
 My Maternal Great-Grandparents
Renald Hilliard Faulk & Zora Shepherd Faulk
 
 Uncle Ward (my maternal grandfather's brother) & Aunt Rita S. Faulk
 
 My cousin
 
 My grandfather's brother
 
 My grandfather's sister
 
 My grandfather's brother
 
 My Aunt (mom's half-sister)
 
 My grandfather's sister
 
 My maternal grandfather
 

Grandpa's original headstone
 
 My maternal grandmother (Mama Ray)
 
 My Aunt (mom's sister, only sibling)
 
 My uncle (Aunt Julia's husband)
 
 Uncle Richard & Aunt Julia Faulk Petry and Grandma Nannie Ray Wolfe & Grandpa Roy B. Faulk

 Rice fields on way to Donna's
 
 Overflowing Petry Creek as we went over Petry Bridge
 
 Donna, Aubrey, Eli
 
 Aubrey, Eli
 
Eli

 She had a little crawfish in her fish tank. So cute!
 
 
 
 Donna prepared a delicious shrimp gumbo for us with potato salad and green beans.
 
 Janelle, Donna, Aubrey, Eli, Wally
 
 Janelle, Donna, Aubrey, Eli, Wally
 

 My sweet cousin, Donna Petry Cormier
 

 Wally built the pavilion in back and dug up the pond.
 
 Their homemade pond
 
 Dog kennels in back
 The homestead
 

When we returned t Uncle Shelby's in Eunice, his oldest dtr., cousin Gale was there and we got to visit with her for a short time.

 Aunt Nell and Uncle Shelby. Misty in Shelby's lap.
 
Me and my cousin, Gail Prather.

No comments:

Post a Comment