Friday, November 12, 2010

Sr. Ctr. Cards, Line Dancers and More Happy Mail!

Today I went to the Sr. Ctr. in Col. Beach to make cards again. We made a Thanksgiving's Day card and 2 Christmas Cards.


Afterwards the HeeHaw Line Dancers came in and put on a show for the seniors, so Bobbie and I stayed to watch and have a light lunch with them. We had a blast! They put on a great performance and at the end had some of us come up to do the Elecric Slide. I volunteered to go up as I love to line dance (when I know the routine), but rarely do it anymore, because of my knees. I made it thru the whole dance, but barely. My knees and shins were about to give out on me, but I made it thru. Wish I could do something like this all the time, but that won't happen until after I get a knee replacement and that may be awhile.

Here is Janie (in back in brown) the Activities Director at the center joining in as she use to be a part of this group, so they had her join them on the first 2 dances. They were very good.

Afterwards they put their hats on a couple of us for a photo opt. Yea - that is me in the front center.

When I got home I had a surprise waiting for me...a package from my cousin Deb again. I was expecting another check from her for another order, but was surprised to get a box which had these enclosed. I had seen them on her blog and LOVED them, so I was very exciting to be getting one of each. I love the penguin ... so cute! Isn't the card beautiful!


I had also gotten a package the day before from Alicia with the blog candy I had won. She was secretive about what it would be, so I was very happy to receive a pretty card from her along with a roll of Stampin' Up! Chantilly ribbon. Can't wait to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment