Saturday, June 19, 2010

Patrick's Memory Pail

I finally put the finishing touches on Patrick's Memory Pail (only been working on it for almost a year). I wanted to make one for him since I started making one for each of the nephews after he was born (he was the first) and I was making one for his new little brother Cole, who is now over 1 y.o. (Needless to say, I am a major procrasitnator). I love the way it came out. I had done the sky and wasn't sure how I was going to do the ground for the tracks. First I considered burnishing it on, but didn't care for that, then decided to fall back on my torn paper technique and it came out perfect. To me the green looks like mountains in the background once it was all put together. Which is perfect since they live in Colorado Springs. The steam engine train reminds me of the Durango-Silverado train ride we took last time we visited. I know Patrick likes Thomas the Engine, so I hope he likes this pail. I used the Choo Choo stamp set by Stampin' Up!

The original poem I use wasn't quite right, since he is older (5 y.o. now), so I wrote my own poem to put on his.
Here are some pictures of the one I had made for Cole.

2 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable idea. I'm always looking at those clear paint-type cans that Michael's sells and thinking...what can I make with those? I could stamp an insert for the inside of the can then fill it with goodies. I'm going to borrow your idea...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented, Cindy!! I LOVE the cans you did for Cole and Patrick! How adorable. I also love the poem you made up for Patrick's Can! That's really cute. They are both going to LOVE them. You can really do amazing things with your stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete