Monday, July 6, 2009

More Flowers

My poor Purple Cone flowers (Echinacea) have been taking a beating with all the rain we've been having around here (that hail we had awhile back didn't help), but the red canna lillies behind them are blooming very nicely now. My garden in back is doing good, despite all the weeds. The purple flowers (below) are in full bloom and the hostas are blooming as well. I just really need to weed out the garden, but I just can't find the time or energy or desire to do so. The only reason the front gets done is because I pull out a few each time I go outside, I just don't go to the backyard very often - I mostly just look thru the back window upstairs at the backyard, maybe if I ever get a deck I will go out back more since I would then have direct access. May have to go borrow Margarethe's Mantis tiller again and do it that way and then get what it doesn't manually.
This is my Althea bush (Rose of Sharon). I love the blossoms on it (below)- so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment