Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Birthday and Ringing in 2014!

This was quite a birthday full of surprises. First, I delivered my great-nephew, Jake his belated birthday gift and I received an early one from Roxie & family. They gave me Rollo, the rainbow ball TY monkey. Istn't he cute, I'd been wanting one and now I have one. Second, I received an anonymous gift (money order for $75) with a note telling me to pamper myself. I haven't a clue as to who sent it. Third, the day before my birthday I received an email saying I won the contest for the gift registration to the Red Hat Divine 9 event in March. With all that was going on, I couldn't afford to sign up and wasn't sure if I would be free to go. Someone donated the funds to pay for registration to it and the rest to put towards the hotel stay. My queen sent me the info and said I should apply. You had to submit, why you needed to win the donation and what made you a good red hatter. I am still totally shocked that I won. Fourth, with the anonymous gift and other monies I got for Christmas and my birthday, I decided to get a tablet for myself. I love, love, love it. To save a little money (because of my decision to get the tablet) we did not go to our usual place for my birthday dinner. Instead of Sakura's (pricey), we went to Hibachi Buffet. It was okay, but not as good as Sakura's.  Karli, remembered that I love Plum wine and usually get one when we go to Sakura's and I wouldn't be getting one since we weren't going there and she bought me a bottle of Plum wine. I was one happy camper. I'd also mentioned one night to Harold when we went to Walmart and passed a display of Pink Champagne that I wanted to get a bottle and some orange juice and make mimosas for my birthday. We forgot to get it and when he went back the next day for something else, he got some and surprised me with it. I really enjoyed that, made it to go with breakfast.

 Rollo
 
 My tablet - Samsung Galaxy3 Note
 
 One glass of plum wine while waiting for midnight to come.
 
 Ringing in the New Year with some Sparkling Apple Cider!
 
 Jacob & Karli getting their New Year kiss in
 
 Salute!
 
Even JoJo and Cord rang in the New Year...I think Cord snuck a little of my mimosas and plum wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment